These stones stand mysteriously in the middle of nowhere Georgia.
The man who arranged and paid for the stones via an intermediary used the pseudonym RC Christian.
There are 10 Guidelines written on the stones in 8 languages. English, Russian, Swahili, Hindu, Hebrew, Arabic, Spanish and Chinese.
Here is what they say:
- MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000.
- GUIDE REPRODUTION WISELY- IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY
- UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE
- RULE PASSION-FAITH- TRADITION AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON
- PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS
- LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT
- AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS
- BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES
- PRIZE TRUTH-BEAUTY-LOVE SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE
- BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH-LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE-LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE
On top “Let these be guidestones” is written on each side of the capstone in Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Sanskrit, Ancient Greek and Babylonian Cuneiform.
Why here? Nobody knows. There are lots of granite companies and quarries nearby so it is convenient.
What do they mean? There is much speculation about the purpose of these guidelines. Eugenics, New World Order, etc.
There is no way to get here except to drive. It is not on a major highway nor near a town. It is northeast of Athens, Georgia. 2 hours driving from Atlanta or 4 hours from Savannah. It is marked on maps.me, and Google maps, and Waze.
You have to want to come here you are unlikely to be driving by.